Saturday, February 15, 2020

Control Cables

I did some more work on the control cables. I ordered and received some 3/4" brass rod for making the connectors to the radio case. I turned them on the lathe so that two dogs locked into the chassis. To prevent them from loosening I added a 2-56 screw that lacks the rotation. The control cable sheath is affixed using to 4-40 set screws at 90° from one another.

Drilling hole for control cable

Cleaning up the end

Cleaning up the side

 I didn't have a tool to cut the narrow groove so I ground the tang of a file to the shape I wanted and used that.

 Cutting off the turned connector

 Marking the dogs

 Cutting the dogs

 Cutting excess metal off

 Test fitting the dogs


 Set screws

 Retaining screw

Retaining screw inside view

No comments:

Post a Comment